How do we rate?
Busco has gone through three audits in 2011, Department of Transportation (D.O.T), Department of Defense (D.O.D), and Transportation Safety Exchange (TXS). Click here to read the official TSX press release.
Audit score a Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory rating, in all three audits, Busco scored a satisfactory ratings!
Busco Inc. has a drug and alcohol testing program outlined by the Department of Transportation.
Member of IMG: associated with other Companies that hold to higher than average industry standards when it comes to safety and training drivers.
In the event of emergencies, road side break-downs, we have a communication call list plan and in addition have several owned companies to help out in the event of having to change to a different motor-coach.
Arrow Stage Lines carries 10 million dollars of liability coverage, which is double the legal limit for charter bus companies. We will gladly provide a certificate of insurance that includes the amount our company is covered.
Special Safety Equipment
EOBRD/GPS: Electronic On-Board Recording Devices/Global Positioning Satellite. Drivers are able to record their logging activity automatically and be more accurate. Dispatchers are able to track location of vehicles and Maintenance is able to troubleshoot engine problems by computer.
Lane Departure Warning System: In road-A mechanism designed to warn a driver when the vehicle begins to move out of its lane (unless a turn signal is on in that direction) on freeways and arterial roads. These systems are designed to minimize accidents by addressing the main causes of collisions: driver error, distractions and drowsiness.
Fire Suppression System: Installed in the engine compartment of every coach. Extinguished automatically or manually.
Drive Cam: An Invaluable Safety Training Tool. Drive Cam is a palm-sized video event recorder that is mounted on the windshield behind the rearview mirror in the front of a bus, or car. The Drive Cam video recorder captures sights and sounds inside and outside a vehicle. The Drive Cam system records any event where centrifugal force changes by more than seven degrees. Sudden forces such as hard braking, swerving, or collisions cause the recorder to save critical seconds of audio and video footage immediately before, and after a triggered event. Events are recorded that occur in the driver area, as well as the outside area immediately in front of the bus.
Smart Tire Systems: The system provides accurate, real-time tire pressure and temperature information. With Smart Tire on board, drivers on the road and maintenance personnel in the yard will be able to easily maintain accurate tire pressures for each vehicle in their fleet.
Safety Announcements: At the beginning of every trip, the driver has a safety announcement to present.
Charter Buses: Systematically inspected, repaired, and maintained to be safe and in proper operating condition
The Drivers (Operators)
Every Driver goes through a back ground checks consisting of: Driving History, past employment, criminal, and drug and alcohol.
Busco Inc.’s training program is concentrated in Safe Driving Skills, as well as Knowledge and Customer Service. 70% of our training is on the road and the other 30% in the classroom.
We assure every driver is in compliance with Medical certificates and Driver licenses.
Every driver operates in accordance to DOT rules and regulations; hours of Service- 10 hours driving and 15 hours on duty.
Before newly hired drivers are on the road by themselves, each one rides along with at least three different seasoned drivers. This is to show every driver has a unique personality, but we all still perform to the same high standards of Busco.
Pro-active in accident prevention, address issues before they become serious issues.
Drivers are trained in ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act)
Chaining tires for inclimate weather